Re: MacosX, bluetooth and 6310i only limited functionality

From: ruotger . skupin
Subject: Re: MacosX, bluetooth and 6310i only limited functionality
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:51:20 +0200 (MEST)

> Hi guys,
>       I've managed to almost get gnokii working with bluetooth and
> my 6310i.
>
> I have to set my phone type to AT.  6310 does not work.
> and the connection type to serial.  bluetooth does not work.
> the port to /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem.  the Phone's MAC (is that right?)
> address
> does not work.
/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem should give you a serial connection to the phones
built-in
modem, that's right.
There's no full bluetooth support for macos x, because the api differs
significantly from the
one used in Linux (I think). This means it's doable(unlike IrDA) it just
isn't done. It's on my list
of items to do in case I have a lot of spare time on my hands... :-)

> These settings give me only limited features.  Is this correct for my
> setup?
Yes, unfortunately the at-command interface is very limited but this has
nothing to do with
bluetooth.

> What fuctionality should I have ?
>
> I know I have an old version (4.8) of firmware on my phone, would
> upgrading
> it help?
no, sorry. It has always been like this. There a second type of connection
for Nokia phones,
called MBUS or FBUS. These two are very powerful.

> I see that when the phone type is set to 6310, gnokii sends 'U' to the
> phone
> which it does not recognise.  I assume I have to tell the phone to go
> into FBUS mode ?
>
> I read somewhere that an AT*NOKIAFBUS should do this, but my phone didn't
> like that command.
I think this only works for the 6210

> Does anyone have any suggestions?
for the moment the only thing that really helps on macos x is buying a usb
to serial adapter
and using the nokia serial cable.