mail2sms

From: Dragos Manac
Subject: mail2sms
Date: 04 Jul 2003 21:00:01 +0300

Hello guys,

My name is Dragosh, I'm a Linux SA. I want to set up a mail2sms gateway
to monitor our server conectivity. I have a spare Nokia 5110 phone. I
would like to know:

Is there  a better way of sending SMS than using a phone? Are FCDs
faster in sending messages?

How many message can I send in one minute using Nokia 5110? What phone
model is faster in sending SMS (messages/minute ratio)?

The GSM operator asks to shut down / turn on the phone after sending 25
messages (a Microsoft inspired practice I think). Can I do a soft reset
of the phone using Hayes commands?

Can I set the phone up only to send messages and reject incoming calls?

Are there common problems with these phones? Something that I should be
aware of?

... What would Brian Boitano do?

That would be all. Thank you for your time.