Re: gnokiirc guessing vs automatic gnokiirc generation

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokiirc guessing vs automatic gnokiirc generation
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:29:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:

>       I don't know exactly which magic you are
> involving when guessing this kind of parameters on the
> list,
>

> >My guess is to use nk6510 driver (see the latest entry of the FAQ) and
> >use the following configuration:
> >[global]
> >port = /dev/ircomm0
> >connection = irda
> >model = 6100
>

>       but I can assure it's impressive :)
>
>       I would like to help the gnokii project doing a small webpage
> with all working gnokiirc files, validated by a user, with User Name,
> email-address, gnokii version, gnokii parameters, os, etc.

We also lack the maintainer of the documentation...

>       If you think that this is useful, I'll start
> collecting these .gnokiirc, so that next, we'll be able to
> write some kind of "gnokii --make-gnokiirc" option.

Good idea. There was also a request for libgnokii for the functions that
would return:
 - possible ports to use (which I find impossible)
 - possible connection types (which seems reasonable -- with optional
parameter for the model)
 - possible model types
And from me:
 - possible memory types (with phone model as the argument)

I'll do this after cleaning up MacOS X Bluetooth stuff.