Gnokii and Perl

From: Jan Löfvendahl
Subject: Gnokii and Perl
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:05:24 +0200

Have just installed Nagios Work Management system for our network (As described in Linux Journal July 2003).
To expaned the use of it I plan to send sms to a selected group of people in case of system failure.
Heard of gnokii and installed gnokii.0.5.2 on my Linux server (Red Hat 7.2).
Connected my 6310 to the serial port with a dlr3p cable and set up .gnokiirc as :
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 6310
initlength = default
connection = dlr3p
bindir = /usr/local/bin/
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 19200

Started testing the system by enterering gnokii --sendsms <xxxxxx>
Got the :
GNOKII Version 0.5.2
Please enter SMS text. End your input with <cr><control-D>:

But gnokii does'nt seem to accept the control-D.
Struggled a couple of days and for fun tested with a 6210 and it worked at first try.
Seems odd that it works with a 6210 and not the 6310.
Have not seen this on the mailing list.

Any solution to this?

Jan Löfvendahl