Re: 7650?

From: Panagiotis Astithas
Subject: Re: 7650?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:16:43 +0300

Jakub Strnad wrote:

Hi !

I'd be really interested in support for this phone too. Actually I've
already done some tests with the IrDA connection, but I don't even know
which service to connect() to. Both 'Nokia:PhoNet' and 'mRouter' are
refused by the phone. If I bind a socket to 'mRouter', the phone connects
to it and probably tries to open a PPP session.

When I used the Nokia PC Suite with a 3650, the application that performed the actual connection to the phone (for synchronization, etc.) was called mRouter. So perhaps it uses a new Nokia protocol.

I don't know if this is any help though, and unfortunately I don't have access to that 3650 any more...

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas
Electrical & Computer Engineer, PhD