Re: Spaces in phone numbers?

From: Helge Deller
Subject: Re: Spaces in phone numbers?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:43:40 +0200

On Thursday 07 August 2003 21:23, Simon Waters wrote:
> Us mad UK users tend to quote phone numbers as "areacode localcode" - yes
> evil space characters abound (or seperate).
>
> Importing from LDAP to Kaddress book preserves this but xgnokii and thus
> Knokiisync were producing lots of errors on some entries and working on
> others, it was driving me mad.... One would work, I'd add an extra number
> and it would break - etc. Probably depends how they were imported to the
> LDAP database in the first place.

Hi Simon,

FYI, the KDE CVS HEAD version (for KDE 3.2) and KDE Addressbook
has a direct gnokii-based import/export filter built-in. So you won't need
to use LDAP as intermediate file format to your phone.
Until KDE 3.2 will be released, gnokii should work around the
additional characters which I remove in the KAddressbook im-/export
filter too.

Regards,
Helge