Re: Another 7250i casualty

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: Another 7250i casualty
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:34:35 +0100

Hi Pawel,

thank you for your reply!

> Well, it is listed as supported, as it uses the same protocol. We
> just tried to avoid the configurations that are known not to work.

Which are these?

> > At first, everything seemed to go ok (contacts and SMS download),
> > but as I accessed the settings, the phone turned off and now
> > exhibits the same problems as listed in the previous postings.
> > I'll get it to the shop tomorrow.
>
> What you mean by "access the settings"?

The "Settings" dialog box in xgnokii.

> > I use gnokii 0.6.4 (home-compiled) on a SuSE 9.0 box, with kernel
> > 2.4.21.
>
> Please show your .gnokiirc also.

--- BEGIN .GNOKIIRC ---
[global]

port = /dev/ttyUSB0
model = 7250i
initlength = default
connection = serial
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10

[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/

[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678

[disconnect_script]

[logging]
debug = off
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off
--- END .GNOKIIRC ---

> > The connection was made via USB data cable (this cable was
> > visible to the system as a Serial port via USB and reacted like a
> > typical serial port, with possibility to talk to the modem via AT
> > commands on /dev/ ttyUSB0).
>
> Using AT driver of FBUS driver?

First attempt was to send AT commands via AT driver, the breakdown,
however, occurred with the FBUS driver.

> Well, I won't advice to make more tests unless you can afford
> giving back the phone to the service. Using AT driver seems to be a
> safe choice.

I still have 1 1/2 years warranty, and the folks at the shop were very
friendly and fixed it up for me for no charge. No problem with
further experiments ;-)

--
Amelie Zapf                                   address@hidden
Jazz Pianist, Bassist, Composer               Berlin, Germany

Don't forget to check out http://www.ameliezapf.com/