Re: Nokia 6100 dead... and it was not IrDA!

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: Nokia 6100 dead... and it was not IrDA!
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:27:29 +0100

Op vr 31-12-2004, om 12:46 schreef Tirs Abril:
> > This is probably connected to retransmission policy used in gnokii. Did
> > you notices some delays in communication before the breakage?
>
> Yes, I think so. But, why did it happen? Could you please be more specific?
> How can the RS-232 signal break the telephone? This is a serious violation of
> the RS-232 protocol!
>
> On the other hand, can I avoid it in the future? Why does it happen with 6100
> and not with other models? Can the retransmission policy be changed so these
> things won't happen again?

It looks like what happened with my 6610i and has been reported on this
list with other 6100's using the IrDa protocol. As far as I can remember
yours is the first time it happened using the RS-232 protocol. At the
moment I only use smsd with my 6610i to store sms's from the phone to my
computer and use the phone to connect my laptop to internet via GPRS.
Those things seem save.

Aart