Nokia 6020 over IrDA on WinXP - Couldn't open PHONET device: No error

From: Mike
Subject: Nokia 6020 over IrDA on WinXP - Couldn't open PHONET device: No error
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:59:12 +0200

Hello Experts,

I am trying to connect to my  Nokia 6020 on WinNT over infrared. I tried
the binary gnokii-0.6.14-win32.zip on both a destop with Ir-stick on USB
and a native IR-device on my notebook. The IrDA in both environments
work fine with the Nokia PC-Suite as well as with a synchronizing
software called winfonie2. So the hardware must be OK.

But I cannot get Gnokii connecting. I tried all possible COM1 to COM9
and some Baudrates without success. The file gnokii-errors is created
but emty. Here is the complete command log:

...\Gnokii>gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.14
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: 6510
port_device: com1:
connection_type: 4
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 9600
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device com1:
Couldn't open PHONET device: No error
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.
Serial device: closing device

What can I do to overcome the message "Couldn't open PHONET device: No
error"?

Thank you for your help!
Mike.