Re: Nokia 6020 over IrDA on WinXP - Couldn't open PHONET device: No erro

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Nokia 6020 over IrDA on WinXP - Couldn't open PHONET device: No error
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:21:16 +0300

Mike wrote:
I am trying to connect to my  Nokia 6020 on WinNT over infrared. I tried
the binary gnokii-0.6.14-win32.zip on both a destop with Ir-stick on USB
If I remember correctly, that version does not have support for IrDA built in. There was a Windows DDK licensing issue which was sorted out afterwards.

My suggestion is to download a nightly CVS-build from http://opensource.contentbakery.fi/gnokii/Win32/ and use that. There you can always get the latest version and that does have IrDA-support on Windows.

But I cannot get Gnokii connecting. I tried all possible COM1 to COM9
and some Baudrates without success. The file gnokii-errors is created

You may want to find out the exact COM-port by some means. See your Nokia PC-suite configuration or try a connection with Hyperterminal and enter ATI <enter> from keyboard. If you have a correct COM-port you should get something back.

Then read the Gnokii wiki windows page: http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Windows

On the Supported models page (http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Supported_models) it is stated that Nokia 6020 uses nk6510 driver. So you may want to look for example Nokia 6610i config page at http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Nokia6610iConfig.

Regards,
Jari Turkia