setting clock (--setdatetime) and seconds (nokia 6230i)

From: Hanno Böck
Subject: setting clock (--setdatetime) and seconds (nokia 6230i)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:48:00 +0100

Hi,

I noted that when setting the mobile phone clock (on my nokia 6230i) with
gnokii, the time is always truncated to hours:minutes. It just ignores the
seconds setting.

Now, for use cases where seconds matter (in my case syncing photos from a
camera with gps-data from my mobile phone) this is bad.

I'd like to know if this is a hardware limitation or a bug.
The function responsible seems to be NK6510_SetDateTime in nk6510.c. It sounds
reasonable and also encodes the second-parameter.

If it's a hw-limitation, maybe some advanced feature like "setting time in the
moment the system time has second zero" might be an option.

If you're curious, gammu has the same behaviour. I don't have any windows
installation, so I can't test if any "official" nokia-tools are capable of
setting the time with seconds. And for the record, if possible I'd also
prefer to have even more accuracy than seconds, but that's just a far away
wish :-)

--
Hanno Böck              Blog:           http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20           Jabber/Mail:    address@hidden