smsd: execute a command when it receives a SMS

From: shacky
Subject: smsd: execute a command when it receives a SMS
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 00:25:51 +0100

Hi.

I need to insert the received SMS in a MySQL database, so I am
thinking about using smsd with its MySQL module.
The problem is I don't need all the SMSes to be saved in the database,
but only the SMSes that respect a specific template, with some values
and parameters (for example "10-12-2007 parameter1 value1 parameter2
value2 parameter3 value3").
I don't need to insert all the text of the SMS in the database, but
only the values of the specified parameters, each value in its column
of the database.

So I'm thinking about creating a script (in Perl, PHP or Python) which
receives the whole text of the SMS from smsd when it is received,
parse it and insert all the needed values in the database.

Is there a way to make this?

Thank you very much in advance!
Bye.