Re: Good Phone

From: Philippe Andersson
Subject: Re: Good Phone
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:30:57 +0200

Hello Doug,

Doug Forster wrote:
List,

I am looking to setup a configuration with Nagios where we setup stuff to interconnect our environments Prod, Test ect in different locations. We need an inexpensive solution to verify that the other is up ect. We were thinking that a cheap Nokia phone might be the best bet with gnokii. My question is what is a good inexpensive phone to use for SMS text messages?
For this kind of usage, I would recommend industrial devices like this one:

<http://www.ercogener.com/UK/genloc31e.php>

It should offer a clean AT interface (I'm not familiar with this particular model, but I've always had very good experiences with this brand).

HTH

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.