How to automate entering the security code / PIN?

From: Mike Gerber
Subject: How to automate entering the security code / PIN?
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 07:38:41 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to automate entering the PIN on our SMS box. From what I can
see it's only possible to enter the PIN manually, which is unfortunate
in our situation:

  # echo 1234 | gnokii --entersecuritycode PIN
  GNOKII Version 0.6.14
  Enter your code:

Best would be if we could just supply the PIN which each SMS sent, so
gnokii could send it to the phone in case it's needed. Any way to
accomplish that?

  # gnokii --identify
  GNOKII Version 0.6.14
  IMEI         : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  Manufacturer : SIEMENS
  Model        : MC55
  Product name : MC55
  Revision     : REVISION 04.00

Kind regards,
Mike
Mike Gerber
Security/Internettechnik

LEITWERK GmbH                               http://www.leitwerk.de
Im Ettenbach 13a                            Fon: +49 7805 918 0
77767 Appenweier                            Fax: +49 7805 918 200