Re: phonebook on nokia 5310

From: yahoo-pier_andreit
Subject: Re: phonebook on nokia 5310
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:10:32 +0100

Pawel Kot ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 13:30, yahoo-pier_andreit <address@hidden> wrote:
>> yes I'm using AT, I tested with series60 series40 6230 6310 gnapplet,
>
> That means that you didn't try to understand what driver should you use.

for driver you intend model = AT? so I tested series40 series60 and 6230
drivers?
do you think I haveto try to use all? :-)

>> but gnokii hang like below, (at the end I added my config) , but are you
>> using gnokii with nokia 5310?
>
> No I don't.
>
>> many thanks for all the suggestions
>> pierluigi
>>
>> test with series60 and series40 and 6230(the one in your config) and 6310
>> address@hidden:~> gnokii --identify
>> GNOKII Versione 0.6.26
>
> Firstly. You use old gnokii version. We don't support it.

I tryed to install the new version but i don't succeed, my suse give me
a lot of errors

>> Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyACM0
>
> How do you know this is correct device file?

because with AT it work :-)

>> Serial device: setting speed to 115200
>> Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
>
> If it stops here, it indicated faulty cable (or not supported by OS).
> Or incorrect device file.

cable is ok in windows, is ok in linux with AT, in my dmesg I found
/dev/ttyACM0, how can I test the correct device file?

>> test with gnapplet
>
> 5310 as far as I know is not Symbian.

just for testing :-)