Re: database transactions in smsd

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: database transactions in smsd
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:21:33 +0200

2012/7/18 alonso:

> I think it would be worthwhile to mention somewhere in the documention
> that running the old MySQL with 2 or more smsd running and sending
> messages at the same time will not give good performance as only one
> message will be sent at a time while the others wait for the lock to be
> released.

I added to http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/SMSD#Troubleshooting
* long delays during sending might be caused by smsd trying to lock
the entire table instead of just the row that is being sent while your
application or another copy of smsd is using the same table (this
happens with mysql 4.1, while mysql 5.0 and postgresql are reported to
work as expected)
--
Daniele Forsi