Re: [open-cobol-list] request for examples: embedded SQL

From: Thomas Biehler
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] request for examples: embedded SQL
Date: Tue Nov 4 06:58:06 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 15:28, Polscheit, Frank wrote:

> Has someone experiences in using other relational databases together
> with OpenCobol / SQL, e.g. via non-proprietary via ODBC/JDBC?

Hi Frank,

i am trying to port a application from micro-focus to open-cobol.
It uses ORACLE with embedded SQL. (procob as SQL-Precompiler)
(my test environment is Oracle 8.1.7.4  under Suse-Linux ...)

The procob-samples from Oracle works well!
(with only tiny changes because some Micro-Focus Extensions were used.)

I have already ported and tested some programs from our application.
They seem's all to work well!

No problem with the database until now !
(But not enought experience to say it loud ;-) )

Hope this help's

Bye

Thomas