[open-cobol-list] feature request: some Micro Focus "dialect" extensions

From: Thomas Biehler
Subject: [open-cobol-list] feature request: some Micro Focus "dialect" extensions
Date: Fri Nov 14 07:46:24 2003

Hi all,

i would like to see some extensions from Micro Focus Compiler
to be implemented with appropriate compiler configuration.
(somewhat of saying "Language-dialect = MF-Cobol")

I have attached a demo-program MFEXTENSIONS.cob with
"explaining comments" before the extensions.

I plan to send somemore extensions in this form,
if the format of the request will be accepted.

Thomas

P.S.

Only the break of "01 level-restriction" with OCCURS and the "<>" Operator
are often used in our programs. Some times the USAGE of COMP-X.
The rest are seldom used!

IMHO many (most of this) extensions are not important / usefull.
But that was a decision from Micro Focus.