[open-cobol-list] CVS update + 2

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] CVS update + 2
Date: Mon Feb 7 09:42:10 2005

CVS updated :
I have redone processing of EXTERNAL items.
Instead of allocating a character array for these, we
now allocate a character pointer. At program initialization
this is set by a call to a new libcob routine "cob_external_addr".
This looks up the pointer name in a cache and if found returns
the previously dynamically allocated area. If not, it is allocated
and cached. Also lengths are checked. eg.
prog1 -  XYZ PIC X(4) EXTERNAL
prog2 - XYZ PIC X(5) EXTERNAL

prog1 is loaded before prog2.
This gives a runtime error.
(Hm, methinks we should check field type as well)

For Cygwin and Mingw, "cobcrun" is linked with the shared library.

On current Cygwin 1.5.12-1, Open Cobol now passes all tests
and cobcrun is functional  :-)

Roger