RE: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20050515

From: Roger While
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20050515
Date: Sun May 15 23:25:54 2005

To "un-reserve" them. ie. Make them available to be used
as user identifiers.
This we can do with the "not-reserved" variable in the
config/xxx.conf files. An example is in the config/mvs.conf -
not-reserved:   CYCLE
This is dialect specific and we may very well end up having
more config files (not just because of this)
(eg. bs2000, mfibm, mf2, mf4, ibmec  for
BS2000, MF word-storage mode, MF SE2, MF SE4, IBM Enterprise etc.)

So, we would end up with a list of "not-reserved" directives
in each config file.  eg. for config/mvs.conf
not-reserved: B-AND
not-reserved: B-NOT
etc.

Roger

Many (most?) of those words are reserved in MF. Some in IBM. Exactly what
were you thinking of doing about them?