Re: [open-cobol-list] Open Cobol Trademark

From: Keisuke Nishida
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Open Cobol Trademark
Date: Tue May 17 13:47:50 2005

Robert Keane wrote:
Hello All,

I think someone should start a Trademark application.

The following is from the *Trademark Electronic Search System(Tess):
of the *United States Patent and Trademark Office, when searching for open cobol.*
(snip)
Live/Dead Indicator     DEAD

Does it mean that, in the U.S., "open cobol" used to be a trademark
in the past, but it isn't now?

I guess in some countries we can use OpenCOBOL.  In other countries,
we can't.  What would happen if we continued using OpenCOBOL?

I have no good idea about alternative names.  We don't need to think
about it once we completely switch to GCC-based COBOL compiler, but
it won't happen soon :(

Keisuke