Re: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20080103 (OC 1.1)

From: Alain
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] CVS Update 20080103 (OC 1.1)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:16:13 +0100

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:25:57 +0100
Roger While <address@hidden> wrote:

> First update after the 1.0 release.
> Rebase to 1.1.
> As ususal pre-release available at :
> http://www.sim-basis.de/open-cobol-1.1.tar.gz
>
> Details in respective ChangeLog's.
(snip)

Ok, I have dowloaded but it don't seem that this can resolve my
actual problem :
I have a shared library with C and cobol subprograms mixed.
At run time the C programs are well found but not the cobol programs.
the cobol programs are silently ignored without any message.

I well have the path of the library in /etc/ld.so.conf, and
in LD and COB_LIBRARY_PATH.
I can send anything : the result of an objdump or other.

I have also tried to compile separatly each cobol program with
cobc -m
and puted the .so in the good place, but this change nothing.

If you or somebody have an idea, great mercy.

Recently I made a typo in a program where I wrote :
   select ms   assign to wlabelms organization line sequential.
and
 WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
 77 wlablelms pic x(32) value '../trans/aemetr/GISH10.txt'.

The compilation was Ok with O-C-1.0 but fail with O-C-0.23.19.

Other thing, the texinfo said in "3.2 Customizing Library"
`COB_LIBRARY_PATH'
     Dynamic-linking module path (".:$(PREFIX)/lib/open-cobol")
but it seem that the default is simply "/usr/local/lib/"
without "open-cobol"

Regards,
--
Alain <address@hidden>