Re: [open-cobol-list] Open Cobol as cgi-bin program.

From: John Culleton
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Open Cobol as cgi-bin program.
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:38:52 -0400

On Thursday 10 July 2008 12:53:15 pm vince coen wrote:
> Hi John;
>
> On Thursday 10 Jul 2008, John Culleton wrote:
> > Alternatively is there a way to compile a completely stand-alone
> > Cobol program, given Linux as the host system?
>
> I was under the impression that if you compile with '-x' (ie, 'cobc
> -x fred.cbl')  you end up with a static copy of the executable, are
> you saying this does not happen?
>
> Vince.

With my current version of OC the -x parameter only takes care of
linking subroutines. The resulting executable still uses libcob.so.1.
If I don't have that lib it errors off. If that lib is in the current
directory it still errors off.  Hence my question: is there a way to
have OC look in the current directory for the required library or
libraries?

--
John Culleton