[open-cobol-list] Cobol IRC Chat

From: boscagarda-programming
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Cobol IRC Chat
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:44:51 -0700 (PDT)

A couple weeks ago we opened up the chat room #add1tocobol on Freenode IRC.
It is a general COBOL advocacy chat. But additionally several of us that have an
interest in Open COBOL are there so that we can discuss OC projects, concerns
the FAQ and documentation effort and other things related to OC.

Of course #add1tocobol is not endorsed by Roger or Open Cobol in any way.
It's just a place so that we can all get together.

Since we opened a lot of people have come and gone. It is true we've only
a small number of folks there right now. Often, as is common on IRC, we're
also off busy doing other things while we're hanging our hats in the channel.
So I just wanted to let everyone that's come in know, if you hang out a bit
eventually we'll see you and strike up a conversation. If you have the ability
to join and hang your hat as well, that would be excellent. It will give us
all an opportunity to get to know each other better.

Kind Regards