[open-cobol-list] Open cobol professional support?

From: Fast Primes
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Open cobol professional support?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:30:47 -0400

Thanks for the replies to my last question.

My next question--are there any combined support packages that have significant professional usage? By support packages, I mean database (DB2 say), screen IO, scipt language (replacing old style IBM, HP, etc JCL),? In short what is the "total" environment required to undertake professional complete projects and who provides it?

Is IBM utilizing open cobol in any way--as part of it's Linux and DB2 promotion for example?

I suppose in a fundamental sense, I'm asking why pay any attention to "open cobol"?

Thanks.

FP--who has some 25 years of programming/systems experience.