[open-cobol-list] To those that signed up with me for Free space on Drea

From: Domain Admin
Subject: [open-cobol-list] To those that signed up with me for Free space on Dreamhost...
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 23:40:07 -0400

I want you to know I have not forgotten. I've been working feverishly on a great many things and that includes getting the environment set up so you can just run OC without having to compile or install it. In any case we are one step closer. I have the web script needed so that all you have to do is drop two files in your sub domain's root directory (a .htaccess and cob_execute.cgi) and then name your compiled apps either *.cobc or *.add1. (Please reserve .add1 for verified add1tocobol projects that have been vetted.).

I have a few more tests to do. Once these are done, I will be setting up the accounts for those that requested. Additionally, I am going to be working on Add CMS to Cobol this week. When this is done, yall will immediately have a CMS that is capable of hosting whatever typical html (template based) output you want. So stay tuned...LOTS on the way. Here is the link you need to read up on the progress..

http://www.opencobol.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=346&post_id=2021&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=1#forumpost2021

--
Joseph James Frantz
(Aoirthoir)

http://www.add1tocobol.com
Regular add1tocobol meetings:
Where: FREENODE IRC
Channel: #add1tocobol
Date: Sundays
Time: 9:00am Eastern
Access from the web: http://www.add1tocobol.com/i_o_control.php

We're there all of the time, even when we do not have a meeting. Stop on by for Open Cobol Support and chat.