Re: [open-cobol-list] OC on Win XP

From: David Essex
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OC on Win XP
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:06:02 -0500

John Culleton wrote:

Thanks for the post. I have Cygwin up and running. If I take option 1 above what else do I need? And do I install under the control of Win XP or under the control of e.g., Cygwin? If I can get OC running under Cygwin I'll tackle Tiny later.

I haven't used Cygwin in years, so I can't help.

Have you looked at 'Getting Started with OpenCOBOL for <Windows>
Dummies' by William M. Klein [1].

I would suggest configuring OC to use VB-ISAM, version 2. In which case
you would have to build and install VB-ISAM under Cygwin, before configuring OC.

Note that MinGW built binaries may or may not work properly under Cygwin.

Hope this helps.

1) Getting Started with OpenCOBOL for <Windows> Dummies
http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/oc_gettingstarted_windows.html