Re: [open-cobol-list] SQLBEX - Bus Error(coredump)

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] SQLBEX - Bus Error(coredump)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:52:42 -0400

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:55:39 -0400, Michael Koerner <address@hidden> wrote:

 Hello,
I would like to ask the following questions:
1. When will it be possible to register as a new user in the im
OpenCOBOL-Forum again?
For weeks I have been getting the following message when trying to
register: "Sorry, we are currently closed for new user registrations".

As a temporary measure, I've put up http://forum.peoplecards.ca and I'm manually cross-posting to opencobol.org.

It WILL be temporary, as I'm fighting off about 40 spambots everyday and it gets old really fast. Plus, it's a phpBB one-click easy install on an entry level Dreamhost account. It is on a shared server and other forums are experiencing spambots attacks which effects performance of the forum.peoplecards.ca site. It can be slow sometimes, unacceptably slow other times, and I can't really do much about it. Dreamhost does their best, but it's an up hill battle and for $8 a month customers, probably doesn't sit at the top of their work queues.

I know you won't be able to respond directly on the main forum yet, but I'm going to make a post to opencobol.org about a move to a hosted forum solution so we can get on with the real discussion and leave the robot fighting to paid professionals. Some of the for-fee hosted solutions are heavy users of open source software and friendly to open source projects, providing service for less-fee or for free.

Cheers,
Brian

Best wishes and thanks for any help offered.
Michael