[open-cobol-list] Self supporting programs

From: john Culleton
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Self supporting programs
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:05:33 -0400

I would like to write COBOL programs at then put them in the
cgi-bin directory of my web site. But current versions of Open
Cobol, Tiny Cobol etc. require that I install a Cobol system on
the executing computer and I don't have authority for that. What
I need is something like a Starkit for Tcl/Tk, a self contained
Linux executable that needs no other support on the hosting
computer. This capability would allow me to put Cobol programs on
my hosted web site (Doteasy.com is the host.)

Similarly, a packaged executable for Windows machines would allow
me to distribute self contained executables to other users.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: