[open-cobol-list] Cobol + GTK

From: Patrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Cobol + GTK
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:17:49 -0500

With each passing day I am getting more excited about OC. I really should be programming in C but I hate it so much, I just don't want to. I think OC will give me a chance to easily interface with existing C while writing clear, easy to read code.

I know there is not really a GTK binding yet but maybe if I have the skills and time I can help.

I tried to compile the gtk code example from here:
http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#does-opencobol-support-the-gimp-toolkit-gtk

but I got this message:
ocgtk.c:11:19: fatal error: ocgtk.h: No such file or directory

I didn't see the header file, did I miss it or is it somewhere else?

Are there any other Cobol GTK samples out there?

Writing a binding is a huge job but if I just wrote it as I went, on an as-needed basis, it might not be so bad. Having said that I still hardly know anything about Cobol and without a template, it will be hopeless.

Thanks for reading-Patrick