[open-cobol-list] organizing code in Cobol

From: Patrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] organizing code in Cobol
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:29:41 -0500

Hi Everyone

So I am working through online documentation about opencobol and cobol in general and making progress.

I have ordered several Cobol books but they won't be here for a while.

I was wondering in the meantime about a couple of things.....

1)There are billions of Cobol lines in service but actually I have not been able to find any sizable Cobol codebases to study, just short snippets of code. Does anyone know of a project I could study?

Have people wrote these million line+ applications using just copybooks and compilation order to organize their code? I could see myself getting confused past about 10K lines.

-Patrick