Re: [open-cobol-list] Linux Mint Borked?

From: Michael Anderson
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Linux Mint Borked?
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 00:11:35 -0500

You could just compile all statically into one single executable file.
Unless you're working on a production project, and all libraries must be properly installed, eg. /usr/local/lib and ld config, and so on... production stuff!

Example of dev and test/research coding.......:
If C calling Cobol, then your C source file must have a 'main', if Cobol calling C, your C source file must NOT have a 'main'

Try:
cobc -x sourcefile.cob sourcefile.c -o executable_program

To run:
./executable_program

That should work.

I can send example source files, Cobol calling C, where the C source file contains multiple functions, and the Cobol source file makes calls to all of'em. Two source files, that compile an run on 32 bit Ubuntu 12.04, just like the above cobc statement.

Let me know..... if ya wanna look at an example.

--
Mike.