Re: [open-cobol-list] COBOL85 Test Suite

From: Joe Robbins
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] COBOL85 Test Suite
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:13:40 +0000

Hello Ron

Yes: we have GNU COBOL code that handles split-keys and COBOL programs declaring only a sub-set of the known keys on an ORGANIZATION INDEXED file.

As I have mentioned in other emails, the ODBC implementation of ORGANIZATION INDEXED should not be confused with full SQL handling of COBOL files. I understand that there is work being done on handling SQL commands from a COBOL program. The enhancement I am referring to  simply substitutes database storage for Berkeley DB, VBISAM, etc. The COBOL programmer sees no change in the code.

Anyway, we hope to finish our documentation of the GNU COBOL fileio re-engineering at the end of this week. All your questions are covered there.  I'll post a web-site reference in time for Christmas!

Regards:

Joe Robbins

www.bawtry.net