Re: [open-cobol-list] open-cobol : full 85 support : bounty ...

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] open-cobol : full 85 support : bounty ...
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 09:44:35 -0400

On 14-10-31 12:43 PM, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
hello,

i am initiating a personal project to improve conditions in rural india
by effecting social change via technology.
for the same, i have chosen to go ahead with cobol-85 due to it's
impressive record-oriented data manipulation abilities.

it being a self-funded effort, i can't afford to go for big iron stuff
from ibm, etc.
hence, i would prefer to go with open-cobol running under a highly
modified linux system.

i have come to realize that open-cobol does not yet have full support
for the cobol-85 standard.
who be the right person to communicate with regarding raising a bounty
to bring in full cobol-85 support to open-cobol?

do write back at the earliest.

i am travelling and hence have intermittent network access, please do
not feel let down if i don't respond immediately, will do so as soon as
i get back to my operating base in bombay.

best regards,

~mayuresh