Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 21:36:31 +0100

Hi Riccardo,

thank you for pointing out this issue. As I don’t have a Bigendian 64 bit
system you will have to do the testing to pin this down. First I would propose
that you add a few NSLog statements in NSButtonCell.m after line 1773. Most
likely the data is not aligned in the unsigned int in the way the code expects
it to be. The structure _GSButtonCellFlags is defined in GSCodingFlags.h and
the code expects it to have 32 bits.
Please report back the values you see there (bFlags and buttonCellFlags).

Hope this helps,
Fred