Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSControls failing to set status/label on BigEndian/64bit
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 01:28:43 +0100

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
thank you for pointing out this issue. As I don’t have a Bigendian 64 bit
system you will have to do the testing to pin this down. First I would propose
that you add a few NSLog statements in NSButtonCell.m after line 1773. Most
likely the data is not aligned in the unsigned int in the way the code expects
it to be. The structure _GSButtonCellFlags is defined in GSCodingFlags.h and
the code expects it to have 32 bits.

for a moment, I thought the "state" could not be correct: since not only buttons (but let's not forget also popupmenus and some fields) do not display correctly, but even if I change the state by clicking they don't correct, so it is not only an init problem of the state.

I put some NSLogs in NSCell.m in setState: and the state is correctly set and toggled.

I then put my attention in drawInteriorWithFrame of NSButtonCell

line 1094, after the mask is calculated, do you expect it to be always 0, both for on and off state? It is always 0 for me.

Riccardo

Riccardo