gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move

From: Hamish
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:05:06 -0800 (PST)

Hamish:
> > Also it is worth mentioning that the OSGeo Foundation maintains
> > a number of servers at OSUOSL for hosting a dozen or so projects,
> > and gpsd is not entirely out of the scope. Email sac at
> > lists.osgeo.org or file a ticket at http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/
> > under the SAC component for a request.
> > Preference is of course given to member projects, but it's not like
> > the gpsd site is high overhead, so we might be able to accommodate
> > something.

Eric:
> All Trac-based hosting?

nope, trac is probably the most common, but other projects there are
running redmine, raw html, mediawiki, svn, git, drupal, you name it.
pretty much whatever we like as long as debian/stable can run it. And
since there are a dozen+ projects and every team has their own preference..
Oddball stuff gets put on a "maintain it yourself and don't annoy the
neighbors" basis, and greedy projects get put on their own VM.

Hamish