gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move

From: Tomalak Geret'kal
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:50:24 +0000

On 26/02/2012 19:53, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

which basically *ALL* references on the web to gpsd point.

As long as the the front page says "moved here" in big blinking letters,
or just quietly redirects after 1 second, I'm not sure why lagging
search engine results matter. This is a long-lived project; the search
results will resolve themselves in time.

Because if we could rely on that message being available indefinitely, then there wouldn't be a move in the first place.

As it stands, one day all result links will just suddenly stop working, with no lead time for updates through the appropriate HTTP redirect header.

Sorry, I thought this was obvious. Maybe it's just me.

Tom