gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] u-blox6 device and automatic driver selection

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] u-blox6 device and automatic driver selection
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 21:44:25 -0400

Karsten <address@hidden>:
> Is there a way to force the use of the u-blox driver?

You shouldn't have to. When GPSD attacches to a device emitting NMEA it
it is supposed to send a number of vendor-specific probe strings
during the first ten seconds, one of which is a mode change to UBX
binary.  The theory is that the device will respond to just one.

So your device should go to ublox binary mode and stay there.  That's
how it works for the ublox-6 GPS *I* use for time service. It it isn't,
we need to figure out why.  Can you send me a session transcript
exhibiting the failure?