gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] EXT :Re: Cross Compiling gpsd using Sourcery G++

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] EXT :Re: Cross Compiling gpsd using Sourcery G++
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 12:55:11 -0800

Yo Thomas J (IS)!

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:25:14 +0000
"Kuhn, Thomas J (IS)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am compiling right now.

Cool.

>  Is there any thing that needs to be set to
> statically link?  It looks thike from some messages I read that 3.15
> is statically linked (and newer versions???)

gpsd has gone back and forth on that, a lot of distros disfavore
static binaries.  3.17-dev I jjust tried is doing shared.  I would try
the shared gpsd binary first, it has a good chance of workong on another
linux-arm.

As for scons, doing this shows you the gpsd options:
        scons --help

In there is this snippet:

        shared: build shared libraries, not static (yes|no)
            default: True
            actual: True

So to build static, just do this:

    scons --config=force shared=false