gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsfeed new home page.

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsfeed new home page.
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 14:23:03 -0700

Yo Charles!

On Fri, 4 May 2018 20:07:56 -0600
Charles Curley <address@hidden> wrote:

> A new home page for gpsfeed.

Cool.

I note you recommend using a virtual serial port to feed data
into gpsd.  Why not just use the gpsd built in network option?  This
should work with gpsfeed:  gpsd -n tcp://localhost:2222

I'd be really interested if this could simulate a Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
Something like an altitude of 1500 km and speed of 7.12 km/s.  Prolly
asking too much for something that simulates  GPS sat angles for different
latitudes.

This is new to me:  "There is also a proposal for a new GPSTVP sentence
that will include all basic GPS location and motion parameters."

Currently TVP is being etended for ECEF.  What else would you want in
TVP?  Rdding stuff is easy, except for updating all the drivers to
grab the new data items.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588