gpsd-users

Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:48:47 -0700

Yo Beta!

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:42:27 +0200
Beta Tester <alpha-beta-release@gmx.net> wrote:

> hi Jon, you are absolutely right, my SLEEP_LOOP values are way too
> high. this explains, why i have way more trouble with gpsd 3.24 than
> with older versions. gpsd 3.24 send way more frequently records with
> less filled informations. gpsd 3.23 and older were sending less
> records but with more filled information.

Yes.  Data comes from the reeciever in dribas and drabs, and users
do not want to wait for the full epoch to finish.

> i changed the SLEEP_LOOP values in my code.

You should never sleep waiting for gpsd.  Use gps_waiting()/

Look at the C code example for how to do that properly:

    https://gpsd.io/gpsd-client-example-code.html

> i watched the debug output on the gpsd-server side and there it
> appears the message: gpsd:WARN: client(0) has vanished.
> gpsd:INFO: detaching 192.168.1.2 (sub 0, fd 7) in detach_client
> after that, the gpsd-client starts to go crazy....

Then your client disconnected or crashed.

> i forgot to tell, that the WiFi connection between the router and the
> gpsd-servers are very poor.

That would do it.

> will see if what issues are solved now...

Not until you remove all sleeps.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588