gpsd-users

Re: Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python

From: Beta Tester
Subject: Re: Re: need help: have issues with gpsd-client under python
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 20:20:17 +0200

thank you Gary,

> > will see if what issues are solved now...
>
> Not until you remove all sleeps.

i removed all sleep() from the code.

and i use your suggested gps.waiting() with its timeout - very helpful, that
was what i was looking for to get back control to the loop.

> > i watched the debug output on the gpsd-server side and there it
> > appears the message: gpsd:WARN: client(0) has vanished.
> > gpsd:INFO: detaching 192.168.1.2 (sub 0, fd 7) in detach_client
> > after that, the gpsd-client starts to go crazy....
>
> Then your client disconnected or crashed.

how can the gps.gps() crash without getting an exception?
gps.next() was giving always an item (even it was the same).

ok, i guess it was my silly sleep()...

thank you, i will see how it runs now.