Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2

From: Dagobert Michelsen
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 14:50:38 +0100

Hi Branden,

> Am 06.02.2023 um 23:03 schrieb G. Branden Robinson
> <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com>:
> Can you update your $PATH, re-run "make check", and let me know if that
> changes your result?

This will not work because the shellscripts have an explicit shebang
  #!/bin/sh
and are called as executables.

> I don't have any concrete reason to believe that re-running the entire
> build with an updated $PATH would make a difference, but if you want to
> try that as well, I'd appreciate knowing the outcome.

Indeed. I see two solutions:
- use a wrapper like „runtest“ which executes the shellscripts with something
like
    $SHELL $SCRIPT
  which avoids the shebang.
- use autoconf with the scripts renamed to <script>.in and use @SHELL@

Best regards

  — Dago

--
"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting to
do something,