Re: G-Golf - Installation problems in Guix

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: G-Golf - Installation problems in Guix
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 18:12:07 +0200

Hello Erik.

I tried to use g-golf on Guix recently, and gave up, because while Guix’
guile-g-golf depends on glib@2.73.3, Guix’ gtk (GTK4) and gtk+ (GTK3,
GTK2) depend on glib@2.72.3.  In other words, I believe that currently,
g-golf cannot be used with gtk in Guix.  Upgrading gtk’s glib in the
Guix source code caused issues with other software (that I’m sure
someone someday will fix), though I do not remember exactly.  Using
Fedora’s GTK with Guix’ might be possible with tricks, but normally the
software in Guix is patched to make it use only software from Guix.

Regards,
Florian