Re: G-Golf - Installation problems in Guix

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: G-Golf - Installation problems in Guix
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 16:21:59 -0300

Hello Erik,
(and Florian),

> I am using Guix on Fedora 38. Via Guix I tried to install G-Golf
> version "a.1"[0] together with GTK@4.8.1. This raised a conflict
> during installation, as GTK (as well as libadwaita) require
> glib@2.72.3, but g-golf requires glib@2.73.3.

I don't use guix [1]. I would recommend that you ask for help in a guix
ml or in #guix. I also would highly recommend to use g-golf 0.8.0-a4,
as a couple of serious bugs have been fixed 'on the way to' and in that
version.

David

[1]     fwiw, I use debian bookworm (testing).

        https://www.gnu.org/software/g-golf/install.html
        Dependencies ...

                [ i see i 'published' gtk-4 >= 4.10, but 4.8.x should
                [ be fine

                [ the gtk-4 cairo based examples needs a patched version
                [ guile-cairo, as describe in the INSTALL file and
                [ in the link above