Re: GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-rc-2 available for testing

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-rc-2 available for testing
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 01:14:35 -0300

Hello Aleix,

> It actually does! Screenshots attached. The ones that don't work are:

Very nice, thanks -

        the welcome page is not displaying the expected welcome
        logo, which is a grayscale adwaita logo

        in /examples/adw-1/adw1-demo/ui
                 welcome.scm    [1]
                        (property (@ (name "icon-name"))
                            "org.gnome.Adwaita1.Demo-symbolic")

        maybe you can figure out why it is missing on your side. other
        logos seems to all be there (the other screenshots are fine ...)

> - animated-paintable.scm, simple-paintable.scm: it might be something
> cairo related. I have guile-cairo 1.11.2

you must clone the guile-cairo upstream repo, git checkout devel, then
run the make danse ... let me know if this solve you problem.

> - drawing-widget.scm, peg-solitaire.scm.

i don't know, but they have in common that  they both use snapshots
(the gtk-4 drawing 'tool' ...)

I would try to first get the drawing-widget.scm to work, it is a very
simple example, then see how to fix the peg-solitaire.scm

> Btw, macOS is not my preferred platform :-). It just so happens that,
> a while back ...

Oh, i see - very nice of you to maintain guile and g-golf there,
thanks for that!

David

[1]     the scm files in the ui subdir are used to generate the
corresponding .ui files - so if you make any change there, you need to
run make in that subdir before to restart the demo ...