Re: GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-rc-2 available for testing

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-rc-2 available for testing
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 00:44:09 -0800

On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 8:14 PM David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> wrote:

> you must clone the guile-cairo upstream repo, git checkout devel, then
> run the make danse ... let me know if this solve you problem.

Yes, I had that already. In the previous package I had to add individual
patches, but now I can just point to a commit:

https://github.com/aconchillo/homebrew-guile/blob/master/Formula/guile-cairo.rb#L4

However, guile-cairo was not working because I was using guile from commit
(d8df317bafcdd9fcfebb636433c4871f2fab28b2) and that's causing a segfault
during scm_init_cairo (when defining all the procedures).

Anyways, guile-cairo is fine going back to stable 3.0.9.

> - drawing-widget.scm, peg-solitaire.scm.
>
> i don't know, but they have in common that  they both use snapshots
> (the gtk-4 drawing 'tool' ...)
>
> I would try to first get the drawing-widget.scm to work, it is a very
> simple example, then see how to fix the peg-solitaire.scm

The issue seems to be here:

(define-vfunc (snapshot-vfunc (self <drawing-widget>) snapshot)
  #t)

I just removed the whole body and replaced it for #t, just to test. All the
other ones that are failing also have a define-vfunc.

I haven't investigated what that is so I can't tell much more.

Aleix