Re: GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-rc-3 available for testing

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-rc-3 available for testing
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 18:30:52 -0300

Hi Florian,

> (gc-disable) was a smart idea, sadly it does not help, but at least
> we know now. ...

I am not entirely convinced yet - in one way or another, somewhere,,
somehow, the klass->snapshot is 'corrupted', either the pointer, or the
mem it points to ... why, when, where ... ?

> scheme@(guile-user)> ,use (g-golf)
> scheme@(guile-user)> (gc-disable)
> scheme@(guile-user)> (chdir "/home/florian/src/g-golf/examples/gtk-4")
> scheme@(guile-user)> (load "drawing-widget.scm")
> scheme@(guile-user)> (main '("-d"))

Thanks for the valgrind session info, but could you kindely 'reproduce'
the gdb full backtrace and run the few gdb command as in the previous
email, so i can compare ...

Thanks,
David

> > Imo, you should locally patch your guix image so it has one
> > gdk-pixbuf lib installed  keep the one that has the debug symbols
>
> The one gdk-pixbuf problem is locally solved.

And yet, i would like you to locally fix this 'proper', is this
possible? If so, could you do that, thanks.

> Well the d-bus service cannot be a requirement of a Guix package.  It
> could be a requirement of a Guix service, but g-golf is not a service
> but just a package.

        I never said nor asked you to fix this problem 'in g-golf' :) -

But could you manually start the service, and re-run the above,
thanks

David