Re: Weird import behaviour of digital modules

From: lloda
Subject: Re: Weird import behaviour of digital modules
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2024 15:59:12 +0200

> On 7 Jun 2024, at 21:51, Yuval Langer <yuval.langer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In this commit I have the WEIRDEST behaviour:
>
> https://codeberg.org/kakafarm/guile-srfi-189/commit/6e72cc50cc6b068de726f6e97b249a5af26d883c
>
> When I run the following command at the repository worktree root:
>
> ```
> guix shell -C guile -- guile -L . test-guile.scm
> ```
>
> all tests pass, but at line 24 of test-body.scm we have:
>
> ```
> (import (srfi 189))
> ```
>
> and that should not work on Guile, right?  That's why we have SRFIs
> located at `(srfi srfi-189)`, no?
>
> Thank you,
> Yuval Langer.

hi Yuval,

guile has supported the format (srfi n) in import clauses for a while. Modules
can't have numbers as names in general, this only works for srfis and
specifically for this format. For example (srfi 4 gnu) won't work. Also only
import works, not use-modules. Iirc the support was added for r6rs or r7rs
compatibility.

regards